With the last of our bananas starting to show their age, I was craving a quick and easy way to give them new life. This banana chocolate chip muffin recipe on Epicurious caught my eye and although it’s not the healthiest, it does satisfy a sweet tooth and warms the heart.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk (I didn’t have milk, only light cream so I did half light cream, half water)
- 3/4 cup semisweet
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners. (I used a large ceramic 6-cup muffin tin, greased, instead) Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixutre into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake muffins until tops are pale golden, about 32-35 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack to cool.
recipe via epicurious